This week I had an opportunity with Match.com to visit the Elite Daily offices in New York to give some of the editors some tips on the do’s and don’ts of taking the perfect dating profile picture. According to Match.com, Sunday, January 8th at 8:49 ET is the busiest time of year for dating. They even call it Dating Sunday. Also, according to Match, during this day they see a 42% spike in new singles. This makes Sunday the perfect time to sign up or update your profile so you can have the best odds of finding that special someone. My number one tip is to project confidence and having perfect hair and makeup is a shortcut to achieving it. That’s why it was great to have a team from Glamsquad at the office to have us looking our best. These are the other tips I shared with the editors for them to take the perfect profile picture.
1. When it comes to your dating profile photo, make it a close-up.
2. Make direct eye contact with the camera and give a great smile.
3. Lighting is key! Take your photo(s) in a well-lit area.
4. No bathroom mirrors.
5. Keeping the background simple and muted will help you stand out.
6. If you’re taking a selfie, make sure you have a nice background.
7. Look like yourself, don’t overdo it with hair and makeup.
8. Wear colors that flatter your skin tone.
9. When it comes to your clothing, solid colors photograph best.
10. Above all project confidence!
In the photos below you can see two examples of some do’s on the left and don’ts on the right.
Don’t forget this Sunday is Dating Sunday. Sign up at Match.com or if you already have an account maybe update that picture to a more confident you.
*This post was created in collaboration with Match.com